Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The sophomore dorms were much nicer than my freshman ones had been. I suppose it was to encourage students to come back the next year to see what kind of living space they would get, but I couldn't help thinking that this room, that looked a bit like a five star hotel room, was over the top.

"Settling in nicely?" Neil said, sitting on the mahogany window seat covered with tasseled pillows in many shades of red.

"I might be if this place didn't look so expensive." I said, packing my clothes into the matching dresser. "It reminds me of your chateau."

"Just wait until you see the English castle." He said, smiling broadly. "That place is extravagance like you commoners have never seen before."

Background check, for everyone who needs it.

Name: Cornelius Algernon Theodoric Blake
Position: The filthy rich first son of Bernard Blake, heir to several important businesses and my roommate
Likes: Collecting swords, playing the guitar, reading
Dislikes: His family's insanity, Adam's clubs, homework (but he always does it anyway)

I threw a wad of socks at him, which he easily blocked with a forearm. I guess it was a conditioned response, since his father (who was under the impression that he was a Shaolin monk) and he often had sparring matches as a way to say hello.

There was a knock on our door, and was then thrown open by an identical pair of our fellow classmates.

Name: Hans and Frans Bachmeier
Position: Twins. Father owns some German companies, breweries, and many houses.
Likes: Cars, girls, and wreaking havoc
Dislikes: Being separated, 'Oma's' wrath, having to follow rules

"Yo, Ethan." Hans (or Frans, because I still couldn't tell them apart) said, giving me a friendly slap on the back. The other one jumped onto my bed (which was the closest one to the door) and kicked off his roller blades.

"How was Germany?" I asked, rubbing my back because that friendly slap was really hard.

They shrugged in perfect unison. "Decent."

"Have any of you seen my roommate?" A British accent asked from the open doorway, and there stood Edmund, his dark hair perfectly combed and teeth unnaturally white. He pushed his glasses up his nose and whipped out a vibrating cellphone. "I told you." he said into it. "I don't want to hear from her for three months. And fix the records we talked about by five o' clock or there'll be hell to pay."

Name: Edmund Griffins
Position: Orphan. Seems to be in charge of a lot of things, but I'm not quite sure what he does. Baron of Devonshire
Likes: Order, being in charge, money
Dislikes: Noisy girls, ugly women, having to reschedule

Edmund hung up and looked into our room. "Still not unpacked? Classes start Monday, I'm afraid. Better get to it. But if you haven't seen my frivolous room--" He stopped, because Taki, the person in question, had just arrived.

Name: Taki Nakamura
Position: Heir to a major Japanese company
Likes: Fried rice, honorifics, Ethan
Dislikes: Women, particularly his fiances (He has so many he keeps a list of their names with key facts about them)

"Ethan!" He exclaimed when he say me, holding out his arms and rushing towards me, like he was going to give me a hug, but Frans put a foot out and caught him in the forehead.

"Hey Taki." I finished stuffing my shirts into drawers and went on to hanging up my school uniform. "Enjoy Japan?"

"I was so lonely." He said, pulling up the winged armchair. "I really missed everyone, especially you, Ethan."

"I'm flattered." I replied.

"And we're hungry." The twins said together. "We're going to eat."

(More back to school coming later:))

14 comments:

  1. i think you missed the part where the Zax teleport into the room. Three separate times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the part with the zax is coming later. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to rape Butterfly with a little bit of Edmund on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So its a dish now? who does your cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe...they remind me so much of Fred/George. slm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaay updates! I was getting bored with ADVENTURES AT THE OTHER BLAKE ESTATE PART SEVEN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think my favorite parts are the character bios

    ReplyDelete
  8. but i put fish up to amuse you, chimere! you should never get bored when you can feed multicolored fish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! There's more!!! Luv it!! Where's Adam? He's everywhere when I don't want him and nowhere when I do...

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...... No mention of the enigmatic conversation?
    AGH. You're killin me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, that's true. I DID have a grand old time playing with the fishies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm getting lonely, hun. Update.

    ReplyDelete