Thursday, August 6, 2009

ADVENTURES AT THE OTHER BLAKE ESTATE PART SIX

The day after Neil's birthday was boring by comparison to the party before. It was my last day in France before Cecelia and I were shipped back to America, and, after spending the morning eating a gigantic brunch with the Blake family, I spent the rest of the day doing something I like to call 'blobbing out.' I catnapped and watched TV until supper, which was a less extravagant affair than breakfast, during which Ray ate only cake and Geoffrey made a palace out of silverware. He said it represented his inner stronghold. Everyone just ignored him.

I wasn't tired that night, due to my naps. I texted Cecelia for a while, until, around eleven o' clock, she came up with an idea.

"Want to go swimming?" She asked.

"Isn't it a nude beach?"

"So what? Everyone's gone by now."

"What if someone catches us?"

"Then we run for it. Come on, it'll be fun."

So that's why, at eleven thirty, I found myself sneaking out of the Blake chateau. I did get caught by the security guards, twice in fact, but after I explained that I was just going swimming, and I was a guest at the house, they let me go.

Cecelia was waiting for me. "Ready?" She asked.

I looked at the ocean, the light of the moon reflecting off it, making the water look like molten silver. I smelled the salt in the air, felt the sand shifting under my bare feet, and nodded.

Skinny dipping was not something I was ready to repeat any time soon, but it was tremendous fun, in a giggly, girly, my-stomach-so-needs-a-tan sort of way. Cecelia and I splashed through the water, frolicking like children, dancing in and out of the waves.

"I wish there were some hot guys here." Cecelia said.

"Tell me something I don't know." I agreed, laughing.

"I want to screw Butterfly."

"WHAT!"

"You told me to tell you something you don't know."

I sighed. "He may be hot, CC, but he doesn't talk."

"The strong and silent type..." Cecelia mused.

"I don't know if he likes girls." I told her. "I mean, I've never seen him with a girlfriend or anything."

"Is he gay?"

"I don't think so. But isn't his relationship with Ray a little weird?"

"Gay incest?"

"Actually no." A voice that I really didn't want to hear said from behind us. "He's just friend, parent, nanny, and big brother in one person." Adam explained as Cecelia shrieked and we both dropped into the water.

"Adam!" I shouted. "What are you doing here?"

"Just out for a midnight stroll." He said, though he was turning red almost as fast as a traffic light. "I'll be going now. Carry on."

And he walked off.

"There really is a god." Cecelia said happily, looking up at the spangled heavens. "I ask for hot guys, and, poof, Adam Eyecandy appears."

"I'm leaving." I told her. Stupid Adam, always ruining my fun. "I'm just going to wait until 'Mr. Eyecandy has gone."

Unfortunately, after Adam had disappeared into the darkness, another figure came into view. Even though his face was thrown into shadow, you couldn't miss the mask.

"I'm not going to tell you to put clothes on." He said as he neared. "But I think it highly inadvisable to remain as you are in the presence of dangerous men."

"Are you referring to yourself?" I asked rudely.

"Is there any other men in the vicinity, or does your friend share your cross dressing tendencies."

"I'm a girl." Cecelia shouted form deeper water.

"That's what they all say." The Second Violin winked at me. "So, Nathi, are you leaving tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"When are you thinking about arriving at school?"

"I'm not sure yet. Hey, can we have this conversation when...you know...I'm dressed."

The Second Violin bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry." He said sarcastically. "Does this make you uncomfortable?"

"Shut up."

"I was the one who told you to get dressed."

"I'd have to get out of the water to get my towel." I explained, pointing to my striped beach towel out of reach from the waves.

"Have you been practicing this summer, Nathi." The Second Violin asked.

"Can't we talk about this later?" I asked again.

"Right. I forgot." He tapped his head. "Selective memory."

"Go away."

The Second Violin flashed me a big smile and left.

"What, exactly, was that?" Cecelia said, wrapping herself in her towel.

"A perfect sample of the average attendees at Lakewood Academy. Can't you just wait for school to start again?"

3 comments: