Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ADVENTURES AT THE OTHER BLAKE ESTATE PART ONE

True to his word, I was kidnapped at precisely eleven AM. The man in the black suit and sun glasses drove me to the nearest airport, and I felt a surge of confusion. Where exactly was this party taking place?

I was shepherded through the airport as if I was one very valuable sheep. The men in suits and sunglasses showed IDs which allowed me to jump ahead in all the lines, earning me glares from all the potential passengers who didn't have insanely rich friends.

I boarded a plane, but it wasn't just any place. This thing screamed "private jet" louder than, well, a person screaming "private jet." The seats were more like couches, and the whole thing was arranged sort of like a living room, with plasma TVs and a minibar in the back. The pilot came to the back and welcomed me formally, calling me 'Mr. Smith' and referring to Neil as 'the young master Cornelius.'

Finally, we actually set off, and I spent a very long time watching Bruce Lee movies and historic documentaries. (They were the only DVDs on the plane.) Then we landed in France.

Apparently, Neil's birthday party was at his french villa on the beach. And this house (Dare I call it a house? It's more like a castle.) was even more beautiful than his Florida house. Ivy covered and gorgeous, it stood on a little hill. Pastures with galloping horses lined one side of the drive to it while an orchard stood on the other, complete with servants tending to the trees.

I got out of the car almost apprehensively, carrying my duffel bag over my shoulder. I didn't have to ring a door bell anything when I walked up to the main doors; they opened wide for me like I was a princess from a fairy tale or an actor.

"Master Ethan, we have been expecting you." A butler with a French accent told me and took my bag. "Welcome to the Blake estate."

ADVENTURES AT THE OTHER BLAKE ESTATE PART TWO COMING LATER

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wonder if Neil has to be dressed up for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete